A manufacturing company is seeking a FACILITIES MAINTENANCE MANAGER with a commitment to quality and excited to manage numerous projects at once. The Facilities Maintenance Manager will lead the site Maintenance team in providing both reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure. He/She will be responsible for maintenance supervision, facility security, facility projects for process or building modifications and janitorial activities.
- Process and system design/modification responsibilities to assure they are efficient and cost-effective and safe operations are utilized and maintained in the facility.
- Development, justification, and cost-effective implementation of capital projects.
- Evaluation of process capability; root cause analysis of defective product; support of cross-functional continuous improvement teams; implementation of process changes; training; process characterization through statistical methods.
- Maintain a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities and lead the team to deliver effectively.
- Supervising and directing repairs, preventive and maintenance activities for production equipment including welders, forklifts, industrial painting equipment, and metal fabrication equipment.
- Supervising and directing building and property maintenance including, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, fire detection, security, drainage, janitorial, grounds and waste removal.
- Negotiating and monitoring contracts for maintenance, security, landscaping, and other services.
- Managing the Company’s hazardous waste control, preventive maintenance, and company vehicle programs.
- Coordinating safety and loss prevention functions with the management team.
- Communicating, managing and budgeting projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least five years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects a must
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with people at all levels
- Excellent verbal, math and written communication skills relating to technical information
- Willing to work flexible hours. Each week you may be required to work outside of normal business hours.
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical, HVAC and mechanical repair
- Good driving record
If you are looking for a new opportunity in an important field with an outstanding company providing excellent med/dental/life/401K with a match, vacation benefits, with an easy commute from anywhere in the metro. We have a culture built upon teamwork and mutual respect. Many of our employees have been with us for over 20 years!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.