The below Pay and Benefits are what you can expect to receive as a full time employee of Region 066
- Pay scale ranging from $11.08 to $23.15 per hour. Direct Deposit.
- Up to 15 vacation days, paid by company.
- All major Holidays paid by company.
- Health, Dental, Eye, Prescription, Insurance paid for by company.
- Retirement packages, paid for by company.
- 401K -Where Applicable.
- Short term disability benefit.
- Prescription safety glasses.
- All Tools to do the job supplied by the company.
- Industry leading Safety and Training programs.
- OJT - All Training is provide one on one / On The Job on the clock.
- First Aid and CPR Training also provided.
- DOT regulated Drug Free Workplace.
We are currently seeking a Vegetation Groundperson to join our team.
- Uses a chainsaw to cut brush, logs and stumps of larger trees.
- Gathers brush and feed brush into wood chipper.
- Applies chemical herbicide to right-of-way, following brush removal
- Utilizes hose and spray nozzle from truck mounted spray equipment which includes tank, pump, hose reel, 200 feet of ½ inch hose, or utilizes back-pack to treat remote areas.
- Services truck, chipper, and equipment, maintaining them in neat, clean, and specified mechanical order.
- Assists senior spray person in mixing herbicide in holding tank.
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chain saws, wood chipper, with hearing protection.
- Works in all temperatures and weather and will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
- Works on unlevel ground.
- Works around falling limbs with protection.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis, and up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Range of Motion
Hearing - Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting up to 10 lbs
Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs
Lifting up to 50 lbs
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continously = 67% to 100%
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.